Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Beloved Mac Book Pro

Ok, so when my car was broken into last week on Emancipation Day.  I looked sadly into my car and was aghast to see my backpack stolen -- inside my beloved 15" MacBook Pro.

There was some consolation.  When electronics get stolen, you pray that there is a newer model out -- mine was two years old, and this time I was in luck.

Parked along 17th Street, NW


This Februrary, Apple released their new line of MacBook Pros with faster processors, more powerful graphics processors, an HD camera and a new port for something new and something cool: Thunderbolt.

Although, the new Macs look exactly the same as previous models, they boast Intel processors that are dual and quad core chips -- twice the performance of earlier models.

On the 15 and 17-inch models, Apple boosted the graphics with an AMD Radeon graphics chip which switches smoothly from one processor to the other, depending on use.

So, with these great options, what are the best choices:

I would go with the 15 or 17 inch, not the 13-inch.  In terms of speed, the 17 inch version is much faster, something I would notice with all the applications I use, simultaneously.

But there is one big drawback to the 17 inch.  The screen is way big which is good for programming -- but Yikes! it won't fit in my backpack -- well just barely.

And, no I don't want to walk around town with my MCB sticking out my bag -- the last thing I want to do is become another target.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.