Friday, February 15, 2008

Japan Fest with Japan Friends at Kennedy Ctr

Today, the three of us experienced the Japan Culture + Hyper Culture festival at the Kennedy Center.  This event has been several years in the making and planning.  Yes, I went w/ my blessed Japanese tutors: Masaki and Kimiko and they were even absolutely impressed and spellbound.

What a perfect timing, the three of us have been spending so much time together at GWU Hospital cafeteria going over Kanji, Hiragana, Katagana.

They have been my answer to prayer and in return I tutor them English.  But the little English I share with them pales in comparison to the complex Japanese that they teach me.

As a bonus, sometimes, we even spend time chatting or writing in Mandarin.

Now we took time off to celebrate and to recreate and yes practice my Japanese with real life Japanese.

The festival was just admirable and amazing and we enjoyed shows, music, poetry, Millenium shows, etc.

My personal favorite was Shintoku-Maru -- a tragic fable of love, lust and revenge -- story of a young man drawn to his new stepmother.

The Japanese cuisines were also awesome.  Lots of sushi, tempura in a cute, delicious Bento box that made you just crave Japanese cuisine.

Now what -- in a month, we have the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I love DC, but do beam me up to Japan now, Scotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.