Sunday, March 29, 2009

Meeting International Professionals and Admiring Japanese


"What felt great was that I ran with outstretched wings the wind lifting them up from behind"

Reflecting:

Enjoyed the simple but fullfilling message today at National Community on Scars and forgiveness from Pastor Mark -- found it incredibly profound like all the others over the last few weeks.

Understanding:

The message sent my mind spinning. Led me down to the Tidal Basin, the partially man-made inlet along the Potomac River between Jefferson and FDR Memorials, that now serves as a visual and valued centerpiece for the locals and tourists.

I was enthralled at the endless sea of blooming pink and white Cherry trees and even more amazed at the several thousand locals and tourists who flocked to enjoy the beauty of the natural bosoms.

Inspiring:

What was especially invigorating was the fresh breeze, strong and steadfast, blowing silent, stoicly from the mouth of the Mother of all Waters, the Mighty Chesapeake, turning up waves topped with foamy white caps that danced all over the Basin and out to the flowing Potomac.

Negotiating:

What felt great was that I ran with outstretched wings the wind lifting them up from behind for the entire mile and a half dash from the very tip of Hains Point to the west side of the Jefferson Memorial where I joined an avid socializing and networking professional-style picnic with the International Club of DC during their annual Spring Picnic.

I had my fill of learning and contributing.

Navigating:

And later that day when I was in the safe confines of my home office, I once again felt energized, tied and uptight. At 10:00 pm after completing my weekly chores with my roommates, I shifted colors to spandex and jersey and departed the pattern for another mind numbing spin. Yes, the Awakenings at Hains Point magically pulled me away. Even with gusting 35 knot winds, I spiritedly pressed on around the 3.2 mile stretch of road point until the tenacious wind was firmly behind me.

The near-midnight ride was refreshing, enlightening and definitely addictive. But it was something I wanted to do -- would make me sleep better, think better and attain a clearer mind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.