Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sesame Street, Social, Swim and a Spin

During work, I had the pleasure and comfort to attend a Sesame Street Special entitled "Coming home: Military Families Cope with Change" -- tells the story of servicemembers returning home with injuries and explores the struggles that families face as they search for a normal life.  

Included special appearances by Elmo and Rosita (They were a trip) as well as Dep Sec Def and GEN Shinseki (Really admire and respect this Leader).

Great day at work, even went for a nice swim.

After work, I attended the River East Emerging Leaders (Thanks to Darrin who invited me) -- A progressive network of East of the River movers and shakers at the Honfleur Gallery. 

Was my first time at the Gallery.  Really enjoyed seeing old friends: Susan, Julian, Darrin, Yavocka, etc and meeting a few new ones.

I was impressed and will definitely be back.

Then I went for a spin a couple of times at Haines Point.  Today was a nice warm day -- high in the mid 60's, so I was still able to go for a nice night ride and wasn't too, too chilly, even in my biking shorts.

This was the first time I've gone for a spin in nearly 4 months.  Wow -- What a thrill -- something I've greatly missed.  Welcome Spring!

So, a great day at work for our Nation, inspired by our wounded veterans who sacrificed so much for me and my Country, got a great belly laugh from Elmo and Rosita,  shaked hands with some impressive young professionals -- some who will be my future leaders and went for a swim and a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.