Thursday, July 31, 2008

Colin and my Debut with the Nationals vs Braves

Colin and I truly enjoyed watching the Nats play the Braves at the new ballpark.  We had a glorious time and enjoyed the sights and food, too.

Living in DC and witnessing all the drama and excitement of getting our own hometown National League baseball team and watching the stadium get built in front of my own eyes -- I  love my Washington Nationals -- just as I have learned to love the Redskins (almost as much as my Falcons) and of course the DC United and the Caps.

But, no matter what happens or where I go, I'll never forget those Braves from the dusty city of Atlanta bringing it home and going to the World Series in 1991 and winning for 14 consecutive season.

Yes, I remember you and I'll never forget Sid Bream sliding into Home to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 9th inning of the most glorious game I've ever watched (I was in SWOS then).

Go Nats, but for tonight (as well as every other night) Go Braves!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.