Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chronic Wrist Pain

Today, I visited an orthopedic surgeon at Bethesda.  She read my MRI chart and diagnosed that I may have a Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) tear.

This was not a surprise, since I've been experiencing chronic wrist pain for the last four years.  I've spent a lot of time with physical therapy and finally my occupational therapist recommended that I get an MRI.

The orthopedic surgeon recommends that I get a wrist arthroscopy (a pencil-sized instrument containing a miniature camera is inserted in my wrist).  The Surgeon will diagnose the problem and do some repair.

The earliest they can do this outpatient surgery is in early June. 

I'm trying to layoff from typing too much due to my tendonitis from overuse and I'm sure I will not be able to blog much immediately after my surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.