Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fell off my Tri

I fell off my bike today.  Did so because I got to my car and forgot the one thing I kept on reminding myself and promising that I would never do.  Yup, I forgot to declip.  Looked around to see if anyone saw me.  Glad this didn't happen earlier when I was in bumper to bumper traffic.  Somehow I think the tourists in their minivans and Silverados won't be less forgiving -- they might even mistake me for a road bump.

A friendly guy rode by and asked if I was alright.  Of course I was, I knew how to take a fall -- very gently and pretend nothing happened -- ouch, that road rash.

Then he commented on my bike -- Narna Javelin -- "Nice, he said."  He had a Fuji, so I thought his was nicer.

We then talked about the differences btwn a road and tri.  

The very first thing, he noticed were my wheels -- a lot smaller.  

"That makes me slower," he commented.

"Perhaps," but there's more you know.

Next, my top tube is shorter which makes the angle of my seat tube steeper (76 vice 73 degrees)

And of course, the best thing about my Tri bike -- my aerobars -- makes me more aerodynamic and saves my lower back for the subsequent run.

But it's only gives you the edge if you plan to run afterwards vice recovering like the rest of us normal people.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.